Wednesday, April 28, 2010

HELP!!! Oil Viscosity for car. Needed 5-30, got 15-40. What should I do?

I have a Toyota Corolla 2006 that asks for 5-30 oil. I got it changed today and they put in 15-40 instead. Is this bad? What should I do? Change it again to the correct viscosity, or wait 3,000 more miles? By the way, I live and drive in an extremely hot climate. Average summer high is over 100 degrees F and it never gets below 70 degrees F. Please helpHELP!!! Oil Viscosity for car. Needed 5-30, got 15-40. What should I do?
Since the low temperature is only 70 then your engine will be fine with the higher viscosity oil. Just give it about 30 to 45 seconds to pump the oil up to all the parts and drive in a normal manner. Then change back on the next oil change.HELP!!! Oil Viscosity for car. Needed 5-30, got 15-40. What should I do?
leave it it'll be fine just remember who you took it too last time when you get it serviced next!


I'd be tempted to say it would be better with the oil you now have in if the ambiant temp is as high as you say
I agree with Impala77. I also am a mechanic. 27 yrs. I prefer All Data to Mitchell On Demand though.
Provided you aren't ranting it everywhere 15w/40 is fine.
seeing the heat range where you live you will be OK until the next oil change.
soooooooooooo change it a little early/its no police car or taxi/40 builds sludge/out early and your all right
  • blemishes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment