Monday, April 26, 2010

I accidently put the wrong viscosity oil in my car. How will this affect the engine?

Usually Im not so absent minded. I put 10w30 instead of 5w30 in a 3.1 v6. Will this hurt my car engine?I accidently put the wrong viscosity oil in my car. How will this affect the engine?
no, it won't hurt your engine but there is a reason for different weight oils and there uses. 5w30...... the first number represents the oils viscosity in a cold state, the last number represents the oil in a heated state. The lower the number the thinner the oil is, so when your car starts when cold you would have a thinner oil which will pump faster and lubricate the engine faster. .... as the engine heats up the oil gets thicker which on heated parts with friction lubricates better. It will not hurt your engine but at the next oil change I would go back to the recommended oil weight,,,,,,,,, have a great day!I accidently put the wrong viscosity oil in my car. How will this affect the engine?
not at all it food for it
It won't hurt it at all.
no prob might even run stronger.
Unless you are in Alaska and the temperatures are dropping into subzero ranges, no worries. In fact if you ARE in Alaska, still no worries because you probably have the heater plugged in and working which is keeping your engine warm enough anyway.
it wont hurt at all unless you live in really cold climate the 10/30 will take longer to get to the valve train,just change it out ,call it an engine flush
No this will not hurt your car the main number of viscosity is the last number this is the viscosity of the oil at hi temperature the or running temp. the 5w and 10w ratings is the viscosity while cold suggestion: unless you live in an area that gets real cold I would run straight 30 weight oil

No comments:

Post a Comment