Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I asked what motor oil viscosity to put in my 2007 Volkswagen GTI and they could only guess.?

It does not seem to be in my owners manual. Would someone that knows for sure please let me know.I asked what motor oil viscosity to put in my 2007 Volkswagen GTI and they could only guess.?
If you're going conventional oil, 5w30 in cool/cold weather, 10w30 in summer.


Synthetic, use 0w30 in the cold, 5w40 in summer.I asked what motor oil viscosity to put in my 2007 Volkswagen GTI and they could only guess.?
it is in there under user maintenance information and oil in the index. Viscosity chart. shows a thermometer with recommended oil weights. Energy saving oil is 5wt which is good most the time except in Texas where high temps make me use 10 wt x 40wt. Or if yours is turbo buy Castrol Synethic oil in 10/ 40 or 10 /50 wt look at the chart 20/50 in high temps?
I checked with shell oil co and they said that they recomended 5-40w helix but I am presuming that your car is a 2litre turbo or non turbo hopefully this would help you if in doubt check shell oil co web site.
~Mobile One


~Synthetic


~10w 30
The GTi uses Castrol SLX Longlife II fully synthetic oil of 0W-30 viscosity. This is the stuff that should be replaced, if your car is on the longlife service regime. All new GTis should be on longlife, unless the oil has been replaced.





Other than that, you are of course free to use any oil you might like, as long as its fully synthetic high quality oil, I doubt you can go wrong with 5-40 or 10-40.
10 w 40 wilbe fine.
Synthetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





5W-30 should be adequate.





Sometimes in life you need to choose- so figure out a brand that will be available to you and stay with it.





These 10W-40 people are trying to ruin your car with their ignorance.





meanwhile, please read your owners manual!





ASE Cert Auto Tech, 92 GTI16V 2.0L

No comments:

Post a Comment